Monday 26 January 2009

Self Evaluation

Self Evaluation

· Attainment- C I have given myself a 3 for attainment because I think I have done a fair amount on work on my independent study (med.5) which makes my understanding of the text better even though I was not allowed to attend any lessons for a number of weeks. I have also made reasonable efforts in following the teaching on med.6 although I would like to work even harder to produce better pieces of work.


Punctuality- 2 Punctuality in terms of turning up to lessons on time I am mostly on time. Punctuality in terms of handing work in on time I usually try to hand in work when its due although sometimes I am a bit late on handing work hence this is what I would like to work on to improve my punctuality.·

Submission and quality of homework- 2 As I mentioned above I always try to hand in work on time and the quality of the work is usually high standard although I still think I could improve upon it.

Ability to work independently- 2 I give myself 2 for working independently because through out this whole term I had to work independently on my study as I was not allowed in lessons hence any help from the teacher was out of the question. So I gave it my best shot by looking at the mediamacguffin blog for the work I had to do. On the other hand I think my presentation of the topic did not go as well because I had not seen any presentations from other people to ensure what was required from me.

Quality of Writing- 2 I think my quality of writing is reasonably good as all my work on the med.5 blog is explained well. I have also written an essay recently for med.6 comparing two texts so when I get my result for that I will be able to say in more detail about my written work quality.

Organisation of media Folder- 4 The reason I have given myself a 4 for media folder organisation is because I have got a folder but it is not arranged in sections very well. So during the half term I would focus on getting that done.

Oral Contribution in class has been pretty good as i have asked question and answered them too.

Standard of med 5 blog I think my med.5 blog is well detailed although I still need to keep on doing the work specifically linked to my title so I gather material which I can use for my actual essay.

Standard of med. 6 blogMy med.6 blog is not as well detailed as my med.5 blog as we have not done much work on the blog.

EBI for next term: -· Get the first draft of the independent study done to best of my ability and work on the feed back given to improve my grade for final draft.

No comments: