Friday 24 April 2009

Outline Recent Significant Developments in One Genre Of Your Choice. Illustrate Your Answer With Examples. (June)

Introduction:
Explain what this essay will be including and the main purposes for this essay. State the genre that I have selected to write upon as well as the different examples of films that I will be writing about. The films I will choose have obviously been watched by me and are well linked to the genre that I will be writing about.


Paragraph one:
Explain the genre that I will be talking about and Hybrid genre proving that “genre is not fixed” meaning it can always be changed around or adding certain things to that genre. I will have to include information about the different texts that I will be writing about showing basic changes that have occur in the genre through technology and audiences wants.


Paragraph two:
This paragraph can start to talk about the different films in more detail by comparing them to each other. Another thing I Will be doing this paragraph and the next is comparing the two films that have had a remake such as TCM and Friday 13th


Paragraph three:
Talk about the audience and what their expectations are link it to why their has been a change in genre to link to the audiences needs and that the audiences are getting younger therefore they are expecting different things than they did expect.


Paragraph four:
This paragraph can be the discussion of SHEP and how it links to the genre changing. The idea of the final girl can relate to feminism and the social issues around us to do with women etc.


Paragraph five:
Coming towards the end of the essay round the points up by adding points to prove your point such as certain examples. Throughout the whole essay I will be back and forward comparing the different texts that I have chosen stating the similarities and the differences that they have towards each other.


Conclusion:
conclude the points made in different paragraphs and explain how genre is changing according the evidence and talk about how it is still changing however also see both sides of the argument by explaining that some aspects of the basic traditional genre still exits.

No comments: