Monday 6 October 2008

Self Assessment on the Blog

AO1- Key concepts are a very important element of media studies therefore in order to analyse a text thoroughly it is vital to use them. On the whole, in my opinion I have done well in analysing my text as I have looked at all the key concepts in depth paying enough attention to my question which is about representation of women.

I think I have covered media language & forms and audiences in great depth as I think its most important to analyse the way the text is put together to make sure you reach the depth of it although my main focus of my study is on representation I have also looked at that element in detail. On the other hand I think the aspect of key concepts which I need to work more on is definitely Ideologies and values. I think this is such a broad topic and I have not written enough on it. I also have to write about the theorists I am going to use further and what their theories are.

AO2- I haven't looked at the zeitgeist theme because that does not affect my text because of the context of the movie. The reason being that this movie is a remake so it would try to follow the same conventions if not exactly the same very similar.

Now looking at the aspects of SHEP I can confidently say that I am comfortable with the history of the text I have chosen. I have also done some research into the economical side however I am still in the process of developing my skills in the SHEP concept and I am doing that by carrying out research into the institution and their journey in making the film.

AO5- I have not yet completely looked at all the literature available on this topic but I have looked at a lot of online articles and reviews and I plan to look into this topic further by referring to associated books. In my opinion I have come up with a decent question and I have written my hypothesis although I think I could make it more accurate. So far I have looked at a film trailer and analysed it in detail following MIGRAIN. I have viewed the text twice since I chose this topic. I am yet to analyse a text similar to the chosen one and compare it.

No comments: